What are the characteristics of unsaturated resins? Unsaturated resin is a kind of thermosetting resin. When exposed to heat or initiator, it will cure into an insoluble polymer. However, this polymer has low mechanical strength and can meet most of the use requirements. Therefore, unsaturated resins are very versatile, and play a very important role in almost all walks of life. When reinforced with glass fiber, the unsaturated resin can be a composite material, commonly referred to as "FRP" (abbreviated as FRP).
What are the characteristics of unsaturated resins? It depends on where he is used. Below we introduce the characteristics of unsaturated resin as a FRP substrate:
1. Good corrosion resistance Unsaturated resin is a material with good corrosion resistance, can withstand the general concentration of acids, alkalis, salts, most organic solvents, seawater, atmosphere, oil, is also very resistant to microorganisms, is widely used It is used in petroleum, chemicals, pesticides, medicines, dyes, electroplating, electrolysis, smelting, light industry and other national economic fields, and currently plays an irreplaceable role in other materials.
2. High strength Generally, the density of unsaturated resin is 1.4-2.2g / cm3, which is 4-5 times lighter than steel, and its strength is not small, exceeding that of steel, duralumin and fir. This is very important for aviation, aerospace, rockets, missiles, ordnance, and transportation products. It needs to reduce its weight while strengthening its strength. For example, the Boeing 747 jetliner uses 2.2 tons of FRP components in the main structure, which effectively saves aircraft fuel, improves speed, extends battery life and increases payload, which is determined by the characteristics of unsaturated resins.
3. Unique heat dissipation performance The common thermal conductivity of unsaturated resin is 0.3-0.4Kcal / mhC, which is only 1 / 100-1 / 1000 of metal, so everyone thinks it is an excellent thermal insulation material. The doors and windows made from it are the fifth generation of new energy-saving building materials. In addition, the FRP linear expansion coefficient is also small, and close to the general metal materials, so FRP and metal connections will not be subject to thermal expansion and generate stress, which is conducive to the combination of metal substrates or concrete structures.
4. Excellent processing technology The material made of unsaturated resin has excellent processing technology, simple process, one-time molding, can be molded at normal temperature and pressure, can be heated and pressed, and does not form low-molecular by-products during the curing process, which can produce more uniform product. Due to its excellent process performance, it has been widely used in the production of non-glass fiber reinforced materials such as handicrafts, marble-like products, and polyester paints in recent years.
5. Excellent electrical properties The unsaturated resin has excellent insulation properties and can maintain good dielectric properties at high frequencies. It does not reflect radio waves, is immune to electromagnetic effects, and has good microwave permeability. It is an ideal material for manufacturing radomes. Using it to make insulated parts in electric meters, motors, and electrical products can improve the service life and reliability of electrical appliances.
6. Sophisticated material design The unsaturated resin is a composite material based on UPR, and the glass fiber is the reinforced aggregate. Both are processed into the required shape through one-time processing. Therefore, FRP is not only a material, but also a structure. The characteristics of unsaturated resin can give full play to its advantages.