(1) Medical and sanitary cloths: surgical gowns, protective clothing, sterilization wraps, masks, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc
(2) Fabrics for home decoration: wall coverings, tablecloths, bed sheets, bed covers, etc .;
(3) Cloth for clothing: lining, adhesive lining, flakes, shaped cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics, etc .;
(4) Industrial fabrics: filter materials, insulation materials, cement bags, geotextiles, covering fabrics, etc .;
(5) Agricultural cloth: crop protection cloth, nursery cloth, irrigation cloth, thermal insulation curtain, etc .;
(6) Others: space cotton, thermal insulation and sound insulation materials, linoleum, cigarette filter, tea bags, etc.
Meltblown cloth is the "heart" of medical surgical masks and N95 masks.
Medical surgical masks and N95 masks generally adopt a multi-layer structure, referred to as SMS structure: a single layer of spunbond layer (S) on both sides, and a melt-blown layer (M) in the middle, generally divided into single layer or multiple layers.
Flat masks are generally PP spunbond + meltblown + PP spunbond, and you can also use a layer of short fiber to improve the skin touch. Three-dimensional cup-shaped masks are generally PET polyester needle punched cotton + meltblown + needle punched cotton or PP spunbond. Among them, the outer layer is a non-woven fabric with waterproof treatment, which is mainly used to isolate the droplets sprayed by the patient; the middle melt-blown layer is a specially processed melt-blown non-woven fabric, which has good filtering and shielding properties , Thermal insulation and oil absorption, are important raw materials for the production of masks; the inner layer is ordinary non-woven fabrics.
Although the spunbond layer (S) and meltblown layer (M) of the mask are non-woven fabrics, the raw materials are polypropylene, but the manufacturing process is not the same.
Among them, the fiber diameter of the spunbond layer on both sides is thicker, about 20 microns; the fiber diameter of the middle meltblown layer is only 2 microns, made of a polypropylene material called high-melt fat fiber.
China is the world's largest producer of nonwoven fabrics. In 2018, the production of nonwoven fabrics was about 5.94 million tons, but the output of meltblown nonwoven fabrics was very low.
According to the statistics of the China Industrial Textile Industry Association, the production process of China's nonwovens industry is dominated by spunbond. In 2018, the output of spunbond non-woven fabrics was 2.912 million tons, accounting for 50% of the total non-woven fabric production, mainly used in sanitary materials and other fields; the melt-blown process accounted for only 0.9%.
It is estimated that in 2018, the domestic production of melt-blown nonwovens was 53,500 tons / year. These meltblown fabrics are not only used for masks, but also for environmental protection materials, clothing materials, battery separator materials, wipe materials, etc.