The general idea of glass is that it is a hard and fragile object, and it is not suitable for structural materials. However, if it is drawn into silk, its strength is greatly increased and it has flexibility. Therefore, it can finally become an excellent structural material after being shaped with a resin. As the diameter of glass fiber decreases, its strength increases. As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more extensive than other types of fiber, and its development speed is far ahead. Its characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
(2) High elasticity coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation within the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy absorption is large.
(4) is inorganic fiber, non-combustible and has good chemical resistance.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) Scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) Good processability, can be made into products of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts, and woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and light-permeable.
(9) Development of surface treatment agent with good adhesion to resin is completed.
(10) The price is cheap.