There are some problems in the use of gel coat resins. These use problems can be divided into eight types according to the classification. If you encounter these problems in the process of using gel coat resins, please consult a professional.
There are some problems in the use of gel coat resins. These problems can be divided into eight types according to the classification. Let the professionals of Cangzhou Tianlong Composite Material Co., Ltd. tell you what types are.
Classification of common problems in the process of using gel coat resin:
1. Pinholes and micropores
This phenomenon occurs mainly because the gas or small molecules contained in the gel coat are too late to be released during the curing process.
1. Short gel time and large dosage of curing agent.
2. The gel coat layer is too thick, the spray flow is too large, the first spray volume is large.
3. Introduce a large amount of air during the stirring process without releasing, and introduce a large amount of air during the spraying process.
4. Poor atomization during spraying, too close or too far from the mold.
5. Improper release agent, the surface of the mold is contaminated.
Second, the gel coat wrinkles
It is mainly caused by uneven curing of the gel coat of the gel coat resin.
1. The gel coat is too thin and uneven in thickness, the gel coat is not sufficiently cured, and the reinforcement layer is applied too early.
2. High environmental humidity and low production environment temperature.
3. The flow rate of ambient air is large, and a large amount of styrene is taken away.
4. The curing agent has a high water content, and the curing agent and the gel coat are not sufficiently mixed.
5. The gel coat matrix resin contains a high content of small molecules, which brings water or dirt during the spraying process.
Three, cracks and cracks
1. Cracks on the mold surface.
2. The gel coat is too thick and the heat release temperature is high.
3. Impact inside the structural layer.
4. Excessive demoulding, impact of external force on gel coat surface.
5. The resin used in the structure layer is too hard and the degree of curing is not enough.
It is mainly due to the presence of gel coat resin on the surface tension.
1. There is dirt on the mold, the release agent is not dry, and the release agent is not properly selected.
2. There are impurities in the gel coat and nozzle.
3. The gel coat is too thin.
1. The thixotropic index of the gel coat is low, and the gel time is too long.
2. Too much spray coating, too thick facade, wrong nozzle direction or too small caliber, too much pressure.
3. The release agent applied to the mold surface is incorrect.
Sixth, fiber exposure
1. The gel coat is very thin, and the reinforcement layer is applied without the gel coat completely curing.
2. Fiber crushing is too heavy.
Seventh, the product has poor gloss
1. The mold has poor finish and dust on the surface.
2. Less curing agent, incomplete curing, low curing degree, no post-curing.
3. Low ambient temperature and high ambient humidity.
4. The gel coat is demolded before it is completely cured.
5. The content of filler in gel coat is high, and the content of matrix resin is low.
8. Local discoloration of gel coat
1. The pigment paste is not uniformly dispersed, the quality is poor, and the color paste carrier resin is of poor quality.
2. The base resin of the gel coat has poor weather resistance and corrosion resistance and high styrene content.
3. If the thickness of the gel coat is uneven and the gel coat is not fully cured, apply the reinforcement layer.
4. Thick gel coat, long gel time, separation of resin and pigment.
The common problems of gel coat resins are basically these types. Of course, other types of problems do not rule out. In the process of using gel coat resins, if you encounter problems, try to find a professional to consult how to solve them.