Gel coat resin is a special resin used to make the gel coat layer of glass fiber reinforced plastic products. It is a special unsaturated polyester. It is mainly used on the surface of resin products and has a continuous thin layer of cover. Its thickness is usually about 0.4 mm.
Gel coat resin is a special resin used to make the gel coat layer of glass fiber reinforced plastic products. It is a special unsaturated polyester. It is mainly used on the surface of resin products and has a continuous thin layer of cover. Its thickness is usually about 0.4 mm. Let's follow the editor to see how it works!
1. Please select the appropriate model before use.
2. Prepare the mold completely and thoroughly. The surface of the mold determines the surface of the FRP product.
3. Before use, stir each barrel of gel coat fully, but the speed should be slower to avoid air bubbles.
4. Before starting the operation, the temperature of the gel coat and the mold of the gel coat resin should be maintained at 16℃-30℃. The ideal mold temperature should be 2℃-3℃ higher than the gel coat temperature. In this way, a more glossy gel coat surface can be obtained after curing.
5. The relative humidity of the workshop should be less than 80%. Humidity will cause the required curing temperature to increase. In addition, it is necessary to prevent water from accumulating on the surface of the mold.
6. The mold surface needs to be fully waxed. Do not use silicone release wax. Use water-soluble mold release wax and wait for the water to evaporate before applying gel coat.
7. Do not dilute the gel coat resin with solvents, such as acetone. If a lower viscosity is required during use, a small amount of styrene can be added.
8. The dosage of curing agent is generally 1% to 2%. If the amount of curing agent is too high or too low, it will reduce the water resistance and weather resistance of the product.
9. If you need to add color paste, then ensure the uniformity and stability of the color. Weigh accurately according to the recommended amount, use low-shear equipment to stir, or use color gel coat.
The above is an introduction on how to use gel coat resin, I hope it can help you.