Speaking of epoxy resins, everyone must be familiar with it. It refers to the general term for a class of polymers that contain more than two epoxy groups in the molecule. How much do you know about the classification that you only know? Is it not clear? Next, Kangyu New Materials, an epoxy resin manufacturer, will briefly introduce to you below, hoping to help everyone.
1. According to the molecular structure, epoxy resins can be roughly divided into five categories: glycidyl esters; linear aliphatics; glycidyl ethers; glycidylamines; alicyclics.
(2) Diphenol-based propane type, diphenol-based propane type is formed by polycondensation of diphenol-based propane and epichlorohydrin. The industrial control indexes as resins are as follows: epoxy value; organic chlorine content; inorganic chlorine content; volatile matter; viscosity or softening point.
(3) Aliphatic polyol glycidyl ether type aliphatic polyol glycidyl ether molecule contains two or more epoxy groups, most of these resins have very low viscosity; most are long-chain linear molecules , So flexible.
(4) Other polyhydroxyphenol glycidyl ether type
3. Composite materials
The types of epoxy resins that are widely used in the industry are the above-mentioned glycidyl ether resins, and among them, diphenol-based propane resins are the main ones. The second is glycidylamine resin.
4. Other types
(1) Glycidylamines, at home and abroad, the excellent adhesion and heat resistance of glycidylamine epoxy resins have been used to manufacture carbon fiber reinforced composite materials (CFRP) for aircraft secondary structural materials.
(2) Compared with glycidyl esters, glycidyl esters and diphenol-based propane epoxidized resin, it has low viscosity, good processability and high reactivity.
The adhesion is higher than that of general-purpose resins, the mechanical properties of cured products are good; the electrical insulation is good; the weather resistance is good, and it has good ultra-low temperature resistance. Under ultra-low temperature conditions, it still has a higher bonding strength than other types of resins. It has good surface gloss, good light transmittance and weather resistance.
(3) Cycloaliphatic, this type is made by epoxidation of the double bond of alicyclic olefin, the former epoxy groups are directly connected to the alicyclic ring, and the latter epoxy groups are all epoxy The propyl ether is attached to the benzene nucleus or aliphatic hydrocarbon.
The cured product of alicyclic epoxy resin has the following characteristics: higher compression and tensile strength; long-term exposure to high temperature conditions can still maintain good mechanical properties; arc resistance, UV aging resistance and weather resistance better