Does the manufacturer tell you about the process of gel coat resin? Gelcoat resin is a protective surface coating that gives the surface of the composite product aesthetic, chemical, scratch, and aging resistance.
Gelcoat resin is a protective surface coating that gives the surface of the composite product aesthetic, chemical, scratch, and aging resistance. Therefore, it is very important to choose high-quality and correct application technology. Because the products have high gloss, good weather resistance, wear resistance and other properties and excellent processability, they naturally become the choice of many FRP manufacturers. In order to ensure the satisfaction and good appearance of FRP products, the mold should be fully processed in advance and the operation must be correct. This is very important and necessary for the training of the operator. When using gel coat resin, whether it is spray or hand brush, the application process is as follows:
1. Select the appropriate type before use.
2. Before use, the mold should be thoroughly prepared and the surface of the mold should be properly treated.
3. Stir evenly in the original barrel before use, but at an appropriate speed to avoid air bubbles.
4. Before construction, it is recommended that the working temperature of gel coat resin and mold is 15-30, and the ideal mold temperature should be 2-3 higher than its temperature. In this way, a more shiny and full surface is obtained after curing.
5. The relative temperature in the workshop should be below 80%. If the humidity is high, the curing temperature should be increased. In addition, water should be prevented from accumulating on the mold surface.
6. The surface of the mold should be carefully polished and fully waxed, and the new mold should be pretreated. Do not use silicone-containing anti-stick wax. After the water of the water-soluble mold release agent evaporates, it must be sprayed with gel coat resin.
The above is a brief introduction about the process of gel coat resin manufacturers, I hope you can learn more about it