Home > News > Content

Fiberglass Cloth-reinforced Composite Material

Jun 23, 2020

Glass fiber, as the name implies, is a fibrous glassy substance. It is an artificial inorganic fiber material, and its main raw materials are various natural ores such as pyrophyllite, limestone, boronite, fluorite and silica sand. Due to its unique natural conditions, it has high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, high strength, light specific gravity, low moisture absorption, small extension, and good electrical insulation performance compared with metal fibers, cotton, linen and other artificial organic fibers. The characteristics make it unparalleled in mechanical, electrical, optical, corrosion resistance, heat insulation and sound absorption.

        With the advancement of science and technology, the application of glass fiber in various industrial sectors of the national economy is becoming more and more extensive. And high-tech fields such as genetic engineering and microelectronics technology. Because of its excellent performance, the main raw materials are all kinds of natural ores, which are rich in mineral resources and can be inexhaustible, so it has a broad development prospect.

Fiberglass and fiberglass are a true twin. Glass fiber is not only the reinforced material of FRP, but also the best reinforced material of the whole composite material. According to reports from related departments, at present, glass fibers occupy about 98% of the reinforcing fibers used in composite materials. The remaining 2% reinforcing fibers include carbon fiber, aramid fiber (ie aramid fiber), natural fiber, basalt fiber and other fibers. In most applications of FRP, glass fiber occupies a dominant position. Even in the aerospace field, which is considered to be the world of carbon fiber, glass fiber has a large number of applications.

       Neweco has various specifications of glass fiber cloth sales, and also has close cooperation with Sany Heavy Industry and Zoomlion

Source:https://www.up-resin.com/

Back