Home > News > Content

Food Grade Resin Analysis Epoxy Resin Competitiveness Gradually Improved

Jun 18, 2020

The industrial production of epoxy resin in China started in 1958, and has a history of more than 50 years, but it has been carried out in the 1980s and has always been slow. After 2000, China's epoxy resin career began with large-scale planning and production. At present, China has become the world's largest producer and consumer of epoxy resin. In 2012, most epoxy resin commodities were included in the “double pollution” plan of “high pollution” and “high environmental risk” by the state, slowing down the development of epoxy resins. Currently, manufacturers in the professional sector are also committed to strengthening environmental protection measures in order to meet environmental protection needs.


Analysts pointed out that the total production capacity of epoxy resin in China was 2.05 million tons per year in 2013, and the new production capacity mainly came from Guodu Chemical Company. All domestic epoxy resins are in oversupply. The production capacity of epoxy resin in China is loose. There are more than 100 production companies. The major production companies with current production capacity of more than 100,000 tons per year mainly include South Asia Epoxy Resin (Kunshan) Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Sanmu Group (000632, Share Bar) Co., Ltd., These are Baling Petrochemical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Yangnong Jinhu Chemical Group, and Taiwan Changchun (Changshu) Chemical Co., Ltd. In 2013, with the increase of domestic environmental protection, the production of solid epoxy resin has a greater impact. Some resin factories in the Shandong region have been ordered to reduce or even stop production, and the local operating rate has remained close to 20 to 30% for a long time.


The cost of epoxy resin in China is mainly used in the fields of coatings, electronics and electrical, both of which account for 75% of the total cost of epoxy resin, and the other 25% is mainly used for the production of composite materials, adhesives and construction materials. In 2013, the cost of epoxy resin in China was higher than that in 2012, and the amount reached 1.17 million tons, an increase of about 15% from the previous month. In recent years, following the development of China's automobile industry, container industry, copper clad occupation, real estate, water conservancy projects, power grid transformation, information industry and new energy, the Dutch imported DSM gel coat believes that the expected cost of epoxy resin will increase year by year. During this period, the compound data profession developed fastest, and it is estimated that the amount of expenditure will increase significantly in the future.


According to the released "2014-2018 China Epoxy Resin Career Speculation and Investment Strategy Research Report", with the development of China's national economy and the increasing emphasis on environmental protection, the future development of China's epoxy resin career will show that the company needs to have a plan Advantages and improve the applicability of commodities and the two trends of industry chain and regional economic development. In the fields of electronic and electrical, potting and encapsulating materials, epoxy resins are developed in the direction of low halogen, low moisture absorption, low viscosity and high purity; in the field of coatings, they are developed in the direction of high solid content, solvent-free and water-soluble. In the future, with the development of Chinese epoxy resin companies, the competitiveness of Chinese epoxy resin products will gradually increase.

Source:https://www.up-resin.com/

Back