There are many types of resins and ion exchange resins. Shanghai Piaoyichun Resin Co., Ltd. produces and sells strong acid cation exchange resins, weak acid cation exchange resins, strong base anion exchange resins, weak base anion exchange resins, chelating ion exchange resins, and polishing resins. , Macroporous adsorption resin, etc., then, how are these resins handled?
1. Put the resin in a large bucket, rinse with clean water, and drain.
2, soak in 80%-90% industrial ethanol for 24 hours, wash off the ethanol-soluble organic matter in the resin and then drain it (the filtrate is used for ethanol recovery).
3. Soak in hot water at 40-50℃ for 2 hours, wash it several times, and then flotate or screen out the resin with suitable particle size. The purpose is to wash away the water-soluble impurities and ethanol smell in the resin. Then drain it.
4. Use 4 times the amount of resin to soak in a solution of 2 mol/L hydrochloric acid (1:5) for 2 hours (turn it frequently) to wash away acid-soluble impurities. Wash with distilled water or tap water until it is neutral and drain.
5. Soak in 2 mol/L (8%) sodium hydroxide solution 4 times the amount of resin for 2 hours (requiring frequent turning) to wash away alkali-soluble impurities. Wash with distilled water or tap water until neutral, drain it, and set aside.
6. If it is an anionic resin, it can be converted to C1 type or OH type and treated once with hydrochloric acid according to the above method; if it is a cationic resin, it can be converted to H type or Na type and treated once with sodium hydroxide according to the above method. .
7. Recycle used resin. If the cationic resin is of H type, Na type or NH4 type, it can be treated with hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide or ammonium hydroxide respectively; if the anion resin is of C1 type or OH type, it can be treated with hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide respectively.
8. The resin should be stored in a cool place, but not deep freezing, because deep freezing will destroy the internal structure of the resin. For short-term storage, it can be placed in 1 mol/L hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide solution. Long-term storage can be sealed with appropriate preservatives. In case of resin growth, it can be soaked in 1% formaldehyde for 1 hour, then rinsed clean, and then processed again.