(1) Excellent process performance. This is the most prominent advantage of unsaturated polyester resins. It has a suitable viscosity at room temperature, can be cured at room temperature, molded under normal pressure, no small molecules are formed during the curing process, so it is convenient for construction, easy to ensure quality, and multiple measures can be used to adjust its process performance, especially suitable for large-scale And manufacture FRP products on site.
(2) The cured resin has good overall performance, and the mechanical properties of the resin are slightly lower than epoxy resin, but due to phenolic resin and furan resin; corrosion resistance, such as the appropriate choice of resin type, due to epoxy resin; other properties such as electricity Performance, flammability, etc., can choose appropriate resin to meet the needs; in addition, the resin is light in color, can be made into light-colored, translucent or transparent fiberglass products.
(3) Many varieties and wide adaptability.
(4) Commonly used unsaturated polyester resins with lower prices.
The main disadvantages of unsaturated polyester resin:
(1) The curing volume shrinkage rate is large.
(2) There is a certain period of time during storage, generally half a year.
(3) There is a certain smell during construction