With the improvement of people's living standards, people begin to look for more meaningful things in their lives. Everyone still has their own ideas about homemade resin tables. In fact, it is very meaningful to make something by oneself, which can not only improve people's lives. Taste, and can improve people's ability to operate, so more and more people around people want to enjoy life through self-control. So the performance difference between homemade resin table and epoxy resin and unsaturated resin?
Homemade resin table
The resin table should be made by selecting the mold box first, and then processed by wood, followed by mixing resin and color, resin infusion, and finally processing after curing.
1. Manufacture of mold box. According to the shape and size of the product, the glue filling mold box is made. The surface of the wooden mold box should be taped or PVC film to facilitate subsequent stripping. If only the middle river effect part is used, only the two ends need to be covered with plates to seal the bottom with glue. To keep the resin from leaking out.
2. Wood treatment. The content of wood itself should not be too high to keep below 12%. Too high moisture content should be baked and dehydrated. The density is low, the sparse wood or the large infusion and irregular wood, the surface of the contact with the resin is pre-coated with resin for 1-2 times, and it is closed to prevent air bubbles from being generated.
3. Mix resin and color. Prepare the dispensing container according to the amount of dispensing. Keep the container clean and dry. The resin is accurately weighed into the container with an electronic scale according to the ratio of A:B=3:1. Stir with a wooden stick or agitator, stir clockwise along the inner wall of the container, and stir thoroughly at the bottom. The bottom resin should also be fully stirred. Prepare two containers if conditions permit, and pass the evenly stirred glue through the container, so that the bottom resin Can be more evenly fused. After the glue is evenly mixed, auxiliary materials such as color concentrate, color paste or pearl powder can be added as needed. After being adjusted, place it for 5-10 to perform perfusion.
4. Resin infusion. Slowly pour the adjusted glue into a horizontal mold. After pouring, use a musket or heated air cylinder to preheat the bubble on the surface of the glue. Wait for the glue to cure and keep the environment clean during the curing process.
5. Processing after curing. The resin can be fully cured at room temperature (25 degrees) for about 12 hours, and can be processed after 24 hours (or 60 degrees for 2-3 hours after curing to achieve processing hardness faster). After reaching the processing hardness, it can be planed, sawed, lathe processed, and polished: the sandpaper is polished from coarse to fine (sandpaper model 600 mesh-1200 mesh), and the machine is polished and hand throwed. Polishing: You can choose to use a fine sponge wheel or wool wheel with polishing wax for polishing. After polishing, you can paint or wood wax oil according to your needs.
Performance difference between epoxy resin and unsaturated resin
1. Epoxy resin: good abrasion resistance, high strength, high viscosity, but poor oxidation resistance, easy to yellow; generally slow curing speed, usually takes 24 hours to cure, more than 5 days to reach the highest strength; higher unit price, Specially modified, yellowing-resistant epoxy resins will cost more.
2. Unsaturated polyester resin: slightly lower physical properties, economical and cheap, fast curing speed, basically 20 minutes of gel, 2 hours of curing, 24 hours to reach the highest strength, and its weather resistance is slightly better than epoxy resin .
Why is the resin river table still commonly used epoxy resin infusion? Although the unsaturated resin cures quickly, the potential risk is relatively brittle. Without the reinforcement material, the thick resin layer is very easy to crack. Most unsaturated resin gels even have an exothermic peak exceeding 150°C, which is also a potential hidden danger.
3. Another problem is the difference in adhesion. Looking at the picture below, even if the adhesion of ordinary epoxy resins, there will still be problems of stickiness. Unsaturated resins are more unsuitable for no reinforcement around.
What is the difference between self-made resin table, epoxy resin and unsaturated resin? After the above detailed description, everyone will find the answer. In the process of making resin tables, material selection is very important. In the process of material selection, it is necessary to understand its performance and choose different materials for different uses, so that it can play its role after production. In short, people should choose strictly according to their needs.