Epoxy resin has excellent physical mechanical and electrical insulation properties, adhesion to various materials, and flexibility in its use process that other thermosetting plastics do not have. Therefore, it can be made into coatings, composite materials, casting materials, adhesives, molding materials and injection molding materials, and is widely used in various fields of the national economy.
① Paint The application of epoxy resin in paint accounts for a large proportion. It can be made into varieties with different characteristics and different uses.
(4) The paint film has good color retention. However, the weather resistance of the bisphenol A epoxy resin coating is poor, and the paint film is easy to powder and lose its gloss in the outdoor and is not full. It is not suitable for outdoor coatings and high decorative coatings.
Therefore, epoxy resin coatings are mainly used as anti-corrosion paints, metal primers, and insulating paints, but coatings made of heterocyclic and alicyclic epoxy resins can be used outdoors.
②In addition to the poor adhesion to non-polar plastics such as polyolefins, the adhesive epoxy resin is suitable for various metal materials such as aluminum, steel, iron, copper; non-metallic materials such as glass, wood, concrete, etc.; and thermosetting plastics Such as phenolic, amino, unsaturated polyester, etc. have excellent bonding properties, so it is called glue. Epoxy adhesive is an important variety of structural adhesives.
③ Electronic and electrical materials Due to the many unique advantages of epoxy resin such as high insulation performance, large structural strength and good sealing performance, it has been widely used in the insulation and packaging of high and low voltage electrical appliances, motors and electronic components, and has developed rapidly.
(1) Pouring of insulation packages for electrical appliances and motors. Such as the manufacture of integrally hermetically sealed packages of high and low voltage electrical appliances such as electromagnets, contactor coils, transformers, dry-type transformers, etc. It has developed rapidly in the electrical appliance industry. From normal pressure casting and vacuum casting to automatic pressure gel forming.
(2) is widely used for potting insulation of devices containing electronic components and circuits. Has become an indispensable important insulating material for the electronics industry.
(3) Electronic grade epoxy molding compound is used for plastic packaging of semiconductor components. In recent years, it has developed extremely fast. Due to its superior performance, there is a tendency to replace traditional metal, ceramic and glass packaging.
(4) Epoxy laminated plastics are widely used in the fields of electronics and electrical appliances. Among them, the development of epoxy copper clad laminate is particularly rapid, and it has become one of the basic materials of the electronics industry. In addition, epoxy insulating coatings, insulating adhesives and electrical adhesives also have a large number of applications.
④Engineering plastics and composite materials Epoxy engineering plastics mainly include epoxy molding plastics and epoxy laminated plastics used for high-pressure molding, and epoxy foam plastics. Epoxy engineering plastics can also be regarded as a broad sense of epoxy composite materials. Epoxy composite materials mainly include epoxy glass fiber reinforced plastics (universal composite materials) and epoxy structural composite materials, such as pultruded epoxy profiles, winding molded hollow rotor products and high-performance composite materials. Epoxy composite material is an important structural material and functional material in chemical, aviation, aerospace, military and other high-tech fields.
⑤Civil construction materials Mainly used as anti-corrosion floors, epoxy mortar and concrete products, high-grade pavement and airport runways, quick repair materials, grouting materials for strengthening foundation foundation, construction adhesives and coatings, etc.