As the application of epoxy resin products in the national economy and people's livelihood has been widely promoted, the choice of epoxy resin curing agents has been paid more and more attention, but how much do you know about its safe operation? Kangyu New Materials has compiled some for you Basic operation, I hope it can be helpful to everyone!
Epoxy resin curing agent
1. Use non-toxic or low-toxic curing agents to replace highly toxic curing agents.
2. Improve the operating environment: consciously divide the operating area from the non-operating area; automate and seal as much as possible; install ventilation facilities, etc.
3. Strengthen labor protection, adopt protective gloves, clothing and other methods, try to avoid contact of the curing agent with the skin.
4. Clean the operation place in time to maintain hygiene.
5. Wash the exposed skin such as hands and face in time. If the organs such as eyes and throat are damaged, please consult a doctor.
In addition to the toxicity of organic polyamines, as a curing agent for epoxy resin, there are the following deficiencies.
First, the heat release during curing reaction is large, each batch should not be too much, the pot life of the batch is short, and it can not be used as casting material.
Second, the obtained bisphenol A epoxy resin cured product has high brittleness, poor impact resistance, and limited application.
3. Polyamines (especially primary amines) form carbonates with CO2 in the air, causing the batch to be opaque and opaque, which causes "redness" when used as a coating; a small amount of unreacted polyamines will absorb moisture in the air, Make the surface of the coating film "sweat".
Fourth, most of the aromatic polyamines are solid, and must be heated and melted to be miscible with the epoxy resin. The high temperature causes the reactivity to increase, which brings inconvenience to the actual operation.
Five, dicyandiamine, DDS and other amines have high melting points, it is difficult to mix with epoxy resin evenly at room temperature, often rely on organic solvents, so it is difficult to apply in the occasions where solvents are not allowed