Gel coat resin is a special resin used to manufacture the glue layer of FRP products. This is a special unsaturated polyester. It is mainly used on the surface of resin products, showing a continuous thin layer of cover.
Gel coat resin is a special resin used to manufacture the glue layer of FRP products. This is a special unsaturated polyester. It is mainly used on the surface of resin products, showing a continuous thin layer of cover. Let's take a look at how it is used.
1. Choose a suitable gel coat model before use.
2. Prepare the mold thoroughly. The surface of the mold determines the surface of the FRP product.
3. Thoroughly stir each barrel of gel coat before use, but slowly, to avoid mixing bubbles.
4. Before the gel coat resin starts to work, the temperature of the gel coat and the mold should be maintained at 16 ℃ -30 ℃, the ideal mold temperature should be 2 ℃-3 ℃ higher than the gel coat temperature. In this way, a more glossy gel coat surface can be obtained after curing.
5. The relative humidity in the workshop should be lower than 80%, and meeting the humidity will cause the required curing temperature to increase. In addition, water should be prevented from accumulating on the mold surface.
6. The surface of the mold should be completely waxed, and no silicon-containing mold release agent should be used. The water-soluble anti-sticking wax must wait for the water to evaporate before applying the gel coat.
7. Do not dilute with solvents such as acetone. If a lower viscosity is required during use, a small amount of styrene can be added.
8. The dosage of curing agent is generally 1-2%. If the amount of curing agent is too high or too low, it will reduce the water resistance and weather resistance of the product.
In summary, this is some relevant information about how to use gel coat resin. I hope you can learn more about it through the above introduction. If you want to know more, you should pay attention to this website, and there will be updates in the future.