(1) Use of epoxy resin
Because epoxy resins have many excellent and valuable properties, from civil to national defense, from general industry to cutting-edge science, their uses are becoming more and more extensive, and they are becoming more and more important in the national economy.
1. Used as an adhesive
Epoxy resins have strong adhesion to metals and metals, metals and non-metals, non-metals and non-metals, and are commonly known as "universal adhesives". In foreign countries, it can be used as a component for bonding tractors and cranes to withstand a load of 12 tons. Because it can be cured at room temperature and can withstand high and low temperatures after curing, it is extremely suitable for the fastening of precision components that cannot withstand high temperatures, such as optical instruments and adhesives for honeycomb structure materials. Epoxy resin.
2. As a laminate
Because epoxy resins have good mechanical strength, they have been widely used to make laminates (such as 3240 laminates) FRP, etc.; FRP products made of epoxy resins, because of their high strength, can replace metal materials, and have been widely used Used in the automobile industry, shipbuilding industry, construction industry, aviation industry, etc., which greatly reduces the weight, simplifies the manufacturing process and shortens the working hours.
3. Used for casting, dipping and mold
Because epoxy resin has good electrical insulation, mechanical strength and heat resistance, it is widely used for impregnating and casting parts on motors and electrical appliances.
(1> Cast into the stator, motor housing and transformer in the motor, which reduces the weight, reduces the volume, and simplifies the process.
(2) Impregnated with various transformers, coils, insulators of TV parts, capacitors, ammeters, cable switches, connectors, etc., with small size and convenient process, it is an indispensable material in the electrical industry at present. In addition, it is also cast into a large number of molds, which is more convenient to operate than metal molds, low in cost, short in working hours, and long in life.
4. Make paint
This is the most important use of epoxy resin, the earliest application, the largest amount. Coatings made of high molecular weight epoxy resin not only have unique properties in corrosion resistance, but also are far superior to phenolic-based coatings in mechanical properties, elasticity and gloss. At present, the most widely used are corrosion-resistant coatings, powder coatings, canned paints, enameled wire coatings, etc.
5. Application Notes
It is used to coat floors and roads in construction and transportation. It has the characteristics of smoothness, softness, comfort, long life, easy repair, waterproof, anti-seepage and anti-corrosion. It is used in the storage tank of dilute sulfuric acid in the chemical industry. It can withstand temperature changes and corrosion resistance after coating, and can also be used as a corrosion-resistant floor.
In the paper industry, it is used for coating in the pulp tank, can withstand different working temperatures, and has a service life of up to 20 months.
In pesticide plants, the metal agitator and conveyor belts that produce pesticides are applied with good protection.
In the food industry, rotating drums and filter tanks for refining sugar, and storage tanks for storing fruit juice, wine, unitary purpose, etc.
It is non-toxic and has a long life. The food cans are coated with epoxy resin, which is resistant to acid, alkali and salt corrosion, and has a good taste and durability.
Other industries, such as oil pipelines, valves, and sewage pipelines can also be used. It can also be used as a stabilizer for silicone.
(2) Brief introduction of epoxy resin production process
Let's take epoxy 6101 as an example to briefly describe its production profile:
1. Production equipment
(1) Stainless steel reactor 1000L
(2) Stainless steel condenser 10㎡ ×2
(3) Stainless steel condenser 5㎡
(Health) Enamel kettle 1500L
(5) Enamel kettle 1000L
(6) 6 receivers 20L
(7) 2 vacuum pumps
(8> Valves, pipes, etc.
(9) Pure benzene underground storage tank 1
(10) 1 alkaline container
(11) 1 filter
(12) 1 scale
2. Production materials
(1) Diphenol-based propane (also known as bisphenol A), water content below 5%, melting point above 150℃, free phenol<1%
(2) Epichlorohydrin, specific gravity 1.178~-1.181, boiling point 114~118℃, refractive index 1.4371~1.4380, content above 73%.
(3) Sodium hydroxide
3. The process of producing 6101# by the second alkali addition method