The unsaturated polyester resin is generally a linear polymer compound having an ester bond and an unsaturated double bond formed by polycondensation of an unsaturated dibasic acid diol or a saturated dibasic acid unsaturated diol. Generally, the polyesterification polycondensation reaction is carried out at 190～220℃ until the expected acid value (or viscosity) is reached. After the polyesterization polycondensation reaction is completed, a certain amount of vinyl monomer is added while it is hot to make it viscous. The liquid, such a polymer solution is called unsaturated polyester resin, let’s take a look with Kebao’s editor
Unsaturated polyester resin product features
1. There are many varieties of grades. According to different uses of products, different processing methods have their suitable grades for you to choose.
2. No by-products such as water and gas are produced when the resin is cured. No need to add any thinner, the viscosity is suitable, and the process is good.
3. After curing, the resin becomes a solid solid that is insoluble and infusible.
4. The resin is a light-colored or colorless transparent liquid, and colorants can be added at will to adjust the required color.
5. Using different curing systems, different dosage can be cured at room temperature or high temperature, easy to control the curing time.
6. Select resins and formulas with low shrinkage properties to produce products with high dimensional accuracy and smooth surface.
7. Resin with different grades of heat resistance, cold resistance, self-extinguishing and good electrical properties.
8. It has a chemically stable resin with excellent acid and alkali resistance, which can be used to make anti-corrosion glass fiber reinforced plastic products.
9. FRP products reinforced with glass fiber have excellent mechanical properties, can be used as lightweight structural materials, and are versatile composite materials.
10. There are various curing systems in the resin auxiliary materials, which can meet the molding conditions of different uses. And there are a variety of gel coats and color paste, which can meet the beautiful appearance of the resin after curing