Filler is a material used to improve certain properties of the resin or reduce costs, and it is not necessary to make glass fiber reinforced plastics fillers. Whether or not it is used, how much it is used will affect the resin gel time. Therefore, the filler is also an important material in FRP products. The performance of fillers to FRP products is multi-faceted, and can have the following aspects.
(1) Reduce the volume shrinkage of FRP, prevent warpage, cracking and internal cracking, enhance heat resistance, self-extinguishing, etc.
(2) Improve impact and tensile strength (fibrous filler);
(3) Flame retardant and smoke reduction (aqueous alumina, antimony trioxide, chlorinated paraffin, etc.);
(4) Thickening, can be used for SMC (magnesium oxide, calcium oxide);
(5) It has thixotropy, and it can be used as a reinforcing agent, lubricant (active silica, bentonite, and pvc powder generated by emulsion, etc.) when applied on the vertical surface of FRP to prevent glue flow.
(6) Electrical and thermal conductivity;
(7) Enhanced hardness and corrosion resistance (diaphyllite rock powder)
(8) UV resistance and anti-aging (silver powder, aluminum powder)
(9) Increased wear resistance (corundum, iron powder, aluminum powder, sulfur dioxide, quartz powder, graphite, etc.)
(10) Improve electrical insulation performance (mica, alumina, clay)
(11) Improve cold resistance and impact toughness (asbestos fiber, aluminum powder, glass fiber);
(12) Improve hardness, compression resistance, and initial modulus (quartz powder, alumina, porcelain powder, iron powder)
(13) Increase adhesion (alumina, titanium dioxide, porcelain powder)
(14) Reduce costs and reduce curing shrinkage (talc powder, alumina, calcium carbonate, glass powder)