Ion exchange resin is a kind of water treatment product. It can also be said to be a traditional water treatment process. It mainly replaces the anions and cations in the water with anion and cation exchange resins. It is widely used in the preparation of ultrapure water and high purity water. In the food industry, Water treatment industries such as the pharmaceutical industry.
The characteristics of ion exchange resin:
1. Industrial ultrapure water treatment process is one of the most widely used processes in the preparation of industrial ultrapure water.
2. Ion exchange resins in the food industry can be used in industrial devices such as sugar, monosodium glutamate, white alcohol, and biological products.
3. Ion exchange resins play an important role in the pharmaceutical industry. To develop a new generation of antibiotics and improve the quality of original antibiotics. The successful development of streptomycin is an outstanding example.
4. In the synthetic chemistry and petrochemical industries, acids and bases are commonly used as esterification, hydrolysis, transesterification and hydration catalysts in organic synthesis.
5. Metal ions in electroplating waste liquid, recovery of useful substances in film production waste liquid, etc.
6. Hydrometallurgy and other ion exchange resins can be used to separate, enrich and purify uranium from depleted uranium ore, as well as extract rare earth elements and precious metals.
The characteristics of ion exchange resins are introduced above. Water treatment processes such as reverse osmosis are the terminal processes used to produce ultra-pure water and high-purity water, and ion exchange resins are an irreplaceable means for preparing ultra-pure water.