What is the difference between meltblown and non-woven fabrics?
Meltblown fabrics use polypropylene as the main raw material and have a fiber diameter of 1 to 5 microns. With many voids, fluffy structure and good fold resistance, the ultra-fine fibers with unique capillary structure can increase the number and surface area of fibers per unit area, thus making the melt-blown cloth with good filtering, shielding, heat insulation and oil absorption . It can be used in the fields of air, liquid filtration materials, insulation materials, absorption materials, mask materials, thermal insulation materials, oil-absorbing materials and wipers.
(1) Medical and sanitary cloths: surgical gowns, protective clothing, sterilization wraps, masks, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc .;
(2) Fabrics for home decoration: wall coverings, tablecloths, bed sheets, bed covers, etc .;
(3) Follow-up cloth: lining, adhesive lining, flakes, shaped cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics, etc .;
(4) Industrial fabrics: filter materials, insulation materials, cement bags, geotextiles, covering fabrics, etc .;
(5) Agricultural cloth: crop protection cloth, nursery cloth, irrigation cloth, thermal insulation curtain, etc .;
(6) Others: space cotton, thermal insulation and sound insulation materials, linoleum, cigarette filter, tea bags, etc.
The melt-blown filter material is composed of polypropylene microfibers randomly distributed and bound together. The appearance is white, smooth and soft. The fiber fineness of the material is 0.5-1.0 μm. The random distribution of fibers provides more thermal bonding between fibers Chance, so that the melt-blown gas filter material has a larger specific surface area and higher porosity (≥75%). After high-pressure electret filtering efficiency, the product has the characteristics of low resistance, high efficiency and high dust capacity.
Meltblown cloth pictures
Non-woven fabric, also known as non-woven fabric, is composed of oriented or random fibers. Because of its appearance and certain properties, it is called cloth.
Non-woven fabrics are moisture-proof, breathable, flexible, lightweight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, rich in color, inexpensive, and reusable. Polypropylene (PP material) pellets are mostly used as raw materials, which are produced by continuous one-step method of high temperature melting, spinning, spreading, and hot pressing.
01 non-woven fabric features:
Because it is a fabric that does not require spinning and weaving, it is simply oriented or randomly arranged textile short fibers or filaments to form a web structure, and then strengthened by mechanical, thermal bonding or chemical methods. Non-woven fabrics do not have warp and weft threads. They are very convenient for cutting and sewing, and they are lightweight and easy to set.
It is not interwoven and braided by individual yarns, but the fibers are directly bonded together by physical methods, so when you get the sticky name in your clothes, you will find that it is No thread can be drawn. Non-woven fabrics break through the traditional textile principles, and have the characteristics of short process flow, fast production rate, high output, low cost, wide use, and many sources of raw materials.
02 The relationship between non-woven fabric and spun-bonded fabric
Spunbond and non-woven fabrics have a subordinate relationship. There are many production processes for the manufacture of non-woven fabrics, of which the spun-bond method is one of the non-woven fabric production processes (including spun-bond method, melt-blown method, hot rolling method, spunlace method, most of which are currently on the market Non-woven fabric produced by spunbond method).
According to the composition of non-woven fabric, there are polyester, polypropylene, nylon, spandex, acrylic, etc .; different compositions will have completely different non-woven fabric styles. Spunbond fabrics usually refer to polyester spunbond and polypropylene spunbond; the styles of these two fabrics are very similar and can only be distinguished by high temperature testing.
Non-woven fabric is a kind of non-woven fabric, which directly uses polymer chips, short fibers or filaments to form fibers through airflow or mechanical, and then is reinforced by hydroentanglement, needle punching, or hot rolling, and finally after finishing The formed non-woven cloth. The new fiber products with soft, breathable and flat structure have the advantage that they do not produce fiber debris, they are strong, durable, silky and soft, and they are also a kind of reinforcing material. They also have a cotton feel. Compared with cotton fabrics, non-woven Cloth bags are easy to form and cheap to manufacture.
1. Lightweight: Polypropylene resin is the main raw material for production, with a specific gravity of only 0.9 and only three-fifths of cotton. It is fluffy and feels good.
2. Softness: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D), light spot-like hot-melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
3. Water-repellent and breathable: Polypropylene chips are non-absorbent and have zero water content. The finished product has good water repellent. It is composed of 100% fiber with porosity and good permeability. It is easy to keep the cloth dry and easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA food-grade raw materials, does not contain other chemical ingredients, has stable performance, non-toxic, no odor, and does not irritate the skin.
5. Antibacterial and anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically passive substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali corrosion, and finished products do not affect the strength due to erosion.
6. Antibacterial properties. The product is water-removing, not moldy, and can isolate the erosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid, and it is not moldy.
7. Good physical properties. It is made of polypropylene spun directly and thermally bonded. The strength of the product is better than that of general short fiber products. The strength is non-directional and the strength in the vertical and horizontal directions is similar.
8. In terms of environmental protection, the raw material used for most non-woven fabrics is polypropylene, while the raw material for plastic bags is polyethylene. Although the two substances have similar names, they are far from each other in chemical structure. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene is quite stable and extremely difficult to degrade, so the plastic bag takes 300 years to decompose; and the chemical structure of polypropylene is not strong, and the molecular chain can be easily broken, which can be effectively degraded And enter the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic form, a non-woven shopping bag can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, non-woven shopping bags can be reused more than 10 times, and the environmental pollution after disposal is only 10% of the plastic bags.
1. Compared with woven cloth, its strength and durability are poor.
2. It cannot be cleaned like other fabrics.
3. The fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so it is easy to split from the right angle and so on. Therefore, the improvement of production methods is mainly placed on the improvement of preventing division.