What is the reason that the strength of the ion exchange resin is reduced and the breakage is caused? Let us understand together:
1. The ion exchange resin decomposes due to the action of strong oxidizing agent, reducing the strength of the resin. This situation mostly occurs in cation resins, for example, due to excessive control of the residual chlorine in the influent water. However, the serious pollution of the anion resin by organic matter will also degrade its strength. Operating experience shows that it is necessary to reduce the oxygen consumption of the influent water to below 1mg/L (27℃, potassium permanganate oxidation for 4h), and some foreign countries stipulate that the oxygen consumption of influent water is <0.3mg/L.
2. The ion exchange resin is damaged due to repeated mechanical friction, such as frequent backwashing, rapid hydraulic transportation, excessive exchange flow rate, air and ultrasonic scrubbing, etc., which affect the strength of the resin.
3. Because the ion exchange resin sometimes operates under high working pressure and high water flow, the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet water is very large, and the epoxy resin is crushed by extrusion molding, which damages its compressive strength.
4. Because the volume expansion of the resin is too large during the running operation, for example, the expansion speed of the resin during the transformation is too fast or too large, and repeated expansion and contraction will reduce the strength of the resin.
5. The thermal stability of the resin is poor, and the water temperature is too high during use. For example, the high temperature of the condensed water recovery water will often cause the resin to break and reduce the strength.
6. Due to improper storage of the resin and drying out of water, it will burst and crack once it meets with water; or the ambient temperature is lower than 0°C, due to the freezing of the internal moisture of the resin, causing it to burst and break, resulting in a decrease in the strength of the resin