The effect of unsaturated resin crafts, the amount of curing agent and accelerator added on the curing of crafts resin
Resin crafts In order to improve the progress of the construction process, and the subsequent product function does not change gender, we always hope that the resin can be cured as quickly as possible. For a certain reactive arts and crafts resin, the amount of curing agent and accelerator added has a great influence on the curing speed of the resin and the subsequent curing level.
Through theory and practice, we have summarized the following curing discipline of unsaturated polyester resin for crafts
1. When using handicraft resin, there must be enough curing agent added to ensure sufficient exothermic peak temperature, so as to achieve a higher curing level. (Too little curing agent may cause permanent undercuring of resin crafts)
2. Resin arts and crafts can appropriately reduce the amount of accelerator added under the condition of high ambient temperature to obtain a sufficiently long gel time and a more complete curing effect.
3. The general molar ratio of accelerator and curing agent (peroxide) in the manufacture of resin crafts must be less than 1, (this case can only be calculated when cobalt salt is selected as the promoter), otherwise the accelerator and the primary free The reverse speed of the radicals will be greater than the speed of the primary radical-initiating monomers, which results in a reduction in conversion. Therefore, excessive application of accelerators cannot achieve the effect of accelerating curing, but will reduce the function of unsaturated resin crafts.
4. For the curing of polyester resin with low reactivity that does not reach the maximum limit, a low-activity curing system should be used.
5. Under unfavorable curing conditions of low temperature or high humidity, the composite curing system can be accepted: normal temperature 25 degrees Celsius
Methyl ethyl ketone peroxide 1%
Benzoyl peroxide 2%
The principle of curing is as follows: the addition of sufficient curing agent and the appropriate amount of accelerator can make the unsaturated polyester resin cure completely and achieve the desired effect.