Nowadays, the market competition in various industries is very fierce, and in the thermosetting plastic industry, epoxy resins are well-received by people because of their good insulation properties, adhesion properties and flexibility, and occupy the top position. Why is epoxy resin so easy to use? Epoxy resin manufacturers answer it for you.
Epoxy resin manufacturers
Epoxy resin manufacturers pointed out that the curing system of epoxy resin is mainly composed of epoxy resin, curing agent, diluent, plasticizer, reinforcing agent and filler, and has the following characteristics:
1. Have a variety of forms Various resins, curing agents, modifier systems can be adapted to almost all kinds of application requirements, its range can be from extremely low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. Strong adhesion Because of the inherent polar hydroxyl and ether bonds inherent in epoxy resins, it has outstanding adhesion to various substances.
3. The reaction between the epoxy resin and the curing agent used is carried out by direct synthesis without any shrinkage. No water or other volatile by-products are emitted. Compared with phenolic resin and polyester resin, epoxy resin is cured during its curing process Only shows very low shrinkage (less than 2%).
4. Mechanical properties Because epoxy resins contain more polar groups and the molecular structure is tighter after curing, the cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.
5. Chemical stability The cured epoxy resin system has excellent alkali resistance, acid resistance and solvent resistance.
6. Electrical insulation properties The cured epoxy resin system has good electrical and electrical insulation properties over a wide range of frequencies and temperatures. They are an excellent insulating material with high dielectric properties, resistance to surface leakage and arc resistance.
7. Dimensional stability The combination of many of the above properties gives the cured epoxy resin system outstanding dimensional stability and durability.
8. Mold resistance The cured epoxy resin system is resistant to most molds and can be used under harsh tropical conditions.
Epoxy resin manufacturers tell about the main disadvantages of epoxy resin: its cost is higher than polyester resin and phenolic resin, and it is more toxic when using certain resins and curing agents